A Data Engineer is responsible for the technical implementation of current and future data warehouse. The candidate should be proficient with the data migrations, data marts, business intelligence packages, and implementing user reporting solutions based upon business requirements and content knowledge.
The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a small, fast-paced, challenging, and entrepreneurial environment, with a high degree of individual responsibility. Significant opportunities for professional development exist.
· Handling and integrating large volumes of data from various sources.
· Identify new and emerging technologies and enhance existing processes related to analytics and reporting.
· Work with stakeholders to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI) and develop BI and data warehouse (DW) strategy.
· Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned.
· Create specifications for reports, data and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements.
· Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 2-6 years experience working as a Data Analyst.
· Ability to analyze large amounts of raw data and summarize into clear, accurate, meaningful, value-added reports and analysis.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience with one or more databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL.
· Experience with Python/R and advanced knowledge of MS Excel is a must
· Strong understanding database methodology, data analysis, SQL queries, ETL and business intelligence applications.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.